It can be difficult to recreate those beachy waves or that sleek blowout after your salon visit when you don’t have the proper styling tools. Let alone, overwhelming to shop and select which are worth the investment!
I’ve been so frustrated in the past when I’ve purchased expensive, high-end blow dryers - only to have them burn out on me after one year of use!
Luckily, after over a decade of working behind the chair, I have found tools that perform and stand the test of time. These are my go-to’s while working on clients, as well as styling my own hair at home.
Here are six of my favorite tools to avoid throwing your hair in yet another a messy bun:
- Babyliss Tourmaline Titanium 3000 Blow Dryer - This is an amazing (and affordable!) blow dryer that will leave your hair so shiny. Tourmaline gemstones fused with ceramic inside the dryer release negative ions and far-infrared heat, which penetrate hair from within resulting in faster drying with less damage. I love it because it’s so lightweight. Buy it here.
- Babyliss PRO Ceramic Tools 1 ¼” Curling Iron - I get asked what curling iron I use on an almost daily basis! This is my absolute favorite to create my signature beach waves. The ceramic coated barrel evenly distributes heat and creates silky, frizz-free curls. The 1 ¼” is the size I use on almost every single one of my clients - short hair to long hair! Buy it here.
- GHD Classic 1” Styler Flat Iron - This flat iron is fantastic for straightening out curls or smoothing frizz. The ceramic coated plates glide through the hair so easily. I love that the beveled edges allow you to mimic a blowout, or even create flat iron curls! Buy it here.
- The Wet Brush - This is hands down the best brush for detangling your hair, wet OR dry. Its skinny bristles are super flexible, so it gently eases through any knots in your hair - resulting in less damage. It’s absolutely made a huge difference in the health of my own hair. Buy it here.
- Olivia Garden NanoThermic 2 ⅛” Round Brush - This round brush is a lifesaver for smoothing frizz and creating volume. The brush retains heat and glides through the hair like a dream, making it easy to use. The 2 ⅛” size is my favorite size and seems to work on almost any hair length. Buy it here.
- Colortrak Clips - These clips are the best for sectioning your hair while styling. They are strong enough to hold large sections of hair with no slipping. I love that the rubberized grip will even hold wet hair in place. Buy a pack of four here.
These six tools will amaze you with how much easier it is to style your hair at home. They are well worth the investment to make your mornings go a little smoother!
Let me know if there are any other styling tools or products that you need recommendations for - comment below! For other fun hair tips and tutorials, follow my Instagram page!